- Spear Award
Mike Spear was recogized with the Academic Advising Resource Center's Advising Excellence Award for 2016.
- Nash Book Wins Award
Professor Stephen Nash's book, Virginia Climate Fever, received the 2015 Science Writing Award for Books from the American Institute of Physics.
- Hodierne Contributes to New Book
Journalism professor Robert Hodierne started his career as a photographer in Vietnam during the war. He returned nearly 40 years later to try and find the villagers he photographed, an experience he documented for an essay in the book "The American Experience in Vietnam: Reflections on an Era." He recently shared his story with the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Mufti publishes article
Shahan Mufti published "What Gandhi Understood About Inflammatory Depictions of Muhammad" in the New Republic.
- New Book
Professor Steve Nash recently published his latest book, Virginia Climate Fever.
UR Journalism on Twitter
- RT @URNews2Use: Digital Scholarship Lab's @HOLCRedlining maps on redlining across America https://t.co/fDkQyhMPBW @urichmond @BoatwrightInf…
- RT @NormOrnstein: Also what means to be a mensch and what it means to be a schmuck https://t.co/8AiREv6QPs
- RT @nytimes: Many gun policy experts agree that federal law allows too many dangerously unstable people to arm themselves https://t.co/g9dM…
- RT @URNews2Use: "A tourist's take on the greening of #Vienna" https://t.co/mafPprl1Pl by Stephen Nash, @URJOURNALISM prof. @urichmond via @…
- RT @DoodyGiuliani1: @JohnFugelsang @SMShow @ESQPolitics @realDenaldTrump https://t.co/HQU6PtRHoI
- RT @scottbix: In Dante's "Inferno," the level of hell reserved for regicides is a seven-person panel on CNN discussing the Alfred Smith Din…
- RT @jaloysius: When fat cat Al Smith Catholics greeted RN better in 1960, JFK said goes to show money beats faith every time.
- RT @juliantwalker1: That HRC bank shot "billionaire" diss of #Trump through Bloomberg was solid.
- RT @juliantwalker1: @juliantwalker1 your handiwork @BeauCribbs ?
- RT @BeauCribbs: @juliantwalker1 Yessir!
- RT @DanBarryNYT: Trump goes off the rails at the Al Smith Dinner, and is getting booed! "Jerk!" Someone just yelled.
- RT @dianabutlerbass: When you make Cardinal Dolan want to pull you off stage, you've lost it. #AlSmithDinner
- RT @spulliam: Wow, Donald Trump is getting booed. "Here she is in public pretending not to hate Catholics." #AlSmithDinner
- RT @lauriegnyt: Crowd booing Trump at #AlSmithDinner as his patter goes from jokes to put-downs of Clinton.
- RT @davidfrum: Has anybody ever been booed at the Al Smith dinner before?
- RT @nytimes: Immigrants who speak little English. Older adults with memory problems. These were the people Wells Fargo targeted. https://t.…
- RT @SpeedReads: Trump Foundation gave James O'Keefe $10,000 before videos "proving" Clinton, Obama paid protesters surfaced: https://t.co/2…
- RT @michaelcrowley: Al Gore's 2000 concession speech is worth reading tonight https://t.co/SRH2vbFc4z
- RT @Sulliview: Not quite a matched set but... https://t.co/LNCMyWyF8D
- RT @BillLohmann: Today at noon. https://t.co/1MxcMN02L8
Journalism Feature Stories
Even at his (80th!) birthday celebration, journalism Prof. Mike Spear is lecturing about using those "F words." If you are/were his student, you know what that means. (Hint: they're not four-letter words.)