Throughout the fall, the journalism department will present Documenting the Vietnam War: Journalism, Scholarship and Film. The series offers different cinematic depictions of the Vietnam War and will include several talks by journalists who covered the war who will share their perspectives.
University Museums will also host an exhibit of journalism professor Robert Hodierne's Vietnam War photographs at the Lora Robins Gallery.
- Hodierne Contributes to New Book
Journalism professor Robert Hodierne started his career as a photographer in Vietnam during the war. He returned nearly 40 years later to try and find the villagers he photographed, an experience he documented for an essay in the book "The American Experience in Vietnam: Reflections on an Era." He recently shared his story with the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Mufti publishes article
Shahan Mufti published "What Gandhi Understood About Inflammatory Depictions of Muhammad" in the New Republic.
- New Book
Professor Steve Nash recently published his latest book, Virginia Climate Fever.
UR Journalism on Twitter
- RT @BillLohmann: Meet Joe Galloway, the reporter behind "We Were Soldiers Once ... and Young." http://t.co/XjJTznxpeD
- RT @maggieNYT: John Kasich mocks college woman at his town hall, implies she's there for Taylor Swift tickets http://t.co/SRIbsHH0Ic
- Overflow crowd at Jepson to hear Joe Galloway and see "We were soldiers once, and young" http://t.co/eAViqRdLue
- RT @SojoPoverty: .@oreillyfactor says child hunger doesn't exist in the US. @USDA disagrees http://t.co/hmQk1RIeeo #Childhunger #Childnutr…
- RT @tripgabriel: 'I don't have any Taylor Swift tickets,'' Gov Kasich told a female college journalist who raised her hand for a q http://t…
- RT @EFlynn_SI: ugh https://t.co/N3Wba4G1Is
- RT @URCollegian: OPINION: No, John Kasich, I don't want Taylor Swift tickets http://t.co/6iO4zCYvBa http://t.co/wtoQvc8QCJ
- RT @URNews2Use: Discussion tonight on Professor Tim Barney's book “Mapping the Cold War”; president emeritus Ed Ayers on the panel http://t…
- RT @LShute13: In last week's @SInow, senior writer @alexander_wolff and I reported on the abusive college coach. The link is live: http://t…
- How I did on Twitter this week: 4 New Followers, 3 Mentions, 2 Retweets. How'd your week go? via http://t.co/A3JdYxflN1
- RT @collbaseball: Doing a little fundraising for our local Down syndrome association, which has helped our son Ben. http://t.co/vdPj8NXX6V
- RT @Casey_Glick: @URJOURNALISM @mspearur Interesting read from Deadspin this morning https://t.co/BLmGNnMucY
- Two journos among the terrific cast of "Love and Information" at the Modlin Center this weekend. Fantastic play, direction and performances
- RT @RbccaWilson: #SpiderAlumni in Marketing and Communications: Please come network with students at @TheGryphonDC! @URSpiderNetwork https:…
- RT @mspearur: How could any serious writer use "impactful" in sentence and feel good about it?
- How I did on Twitter this week: 1 Mentions, 4 Favorited. How'd your week go? via http://t.co/A3JdYxflN1
- Department movie event tonight at 7 in the MRC; viewing "Kill the Messenger"
- RT @TheAtlantic: The academic paper that broke the Volkswagen scandal http://t.co/xyyah1z9hA http://t.co/B86IHUKm6g
- RT @urichmond: To show their cycling spirit, many UR faculty and staff participated in Bike to Work Day! #bikeonUR #BeAGreenSpider http://t…
Journalism Feature Stories
Even at his (80th!) birthday celebration, journalism Prof. Mike Spear is lecturing about using those "F words." If you are/were his student, you know what that means. (Hint: they're not four-letter words.)