- Spear Award
Mike Spear was recogized with the Academic Advising Resource Center's Advising Excellence Award for 2016.
- Nash Book Wins Award
Professor Stephen Nash's book, Virginia Climate Fever, received the 2015 Science Writing Award for Books from the American Institute of Physics.
- Hodierne Contributes to New Book
Journalism professor Robert Hodierne started his career as a photographer in Vietnam during the war. He returned nearly 40 years later to try and find the villagers he photographed, an experience he documented for an essay in the book "The American Experience in Vietnam: Reflections on an Era." He recently shared his story with the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Mufti publishes article
Shahan Mufti published "What Gandhi Understood About Inflammatory Depictions of Muhammad" in the New Republic.
- New Book
Professor Steve Nash recently published his latest book, Virginia Climate Fever.
UR Journalism on Twitter
- Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I?ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices' - ABC News - https://t.co/L2oufO5awJ via @ABC
- RT @DispatchDavid: And as promised, here's the full story on #HILLinHBG https://t.co/IYLYM4OK10 https://t.co/rlObnbj04H
- RT @Autumnobile: The CO fire marshal Trump called incompetent today was named Civilian of the Year in Feb. for his actions during a mass sh…
- RT @DispatchDavid: Just as he did at convention, @timkaine references Trump's former "You're fired" catchphrase https://t.co/OpdcSJy6vS
- RT @DispatchDavid: Presidential candidate @HillaryClinton has taken the mic now #HILLinHBG https://t.co/Dhr2ZAC3G5
- RT @SpiderHockey: Congrats @BeccaBa on your first international cap!!! https://t.co/bT8y88htru #OneRichmond https://t.co/pVmtY6xcvl
- RT @RandolphMacon: #YellowJackets #baseball https://t.co/69M7WnPt7B
- RT @vocativ: The DNC is over, but did Fox News skip the week's most moving speech? https://t.co/7cOFpBI1SI https://t.co/W0qleL0WT6
- RT @nytimes: Hillary Clinton on Donald Trump’s thin skin https://t.co/Lc0wnoslDv https://t.co/sNeTz5NdlW
- RT @MEPFuller: Reminder: Donald Trump got out of the draft by saying he had bone spurs. When asked, he couldn't remember which foot suppos…
- RT @robwdavis: Parents shouldn't have to police Portland schools to make sure their kids aren't being lead poisoned. And yet: https://t.co/…
- RT @chrisgeidner: Start your campaign day by asking Russia for help, end it by going after the press ... https://t.co/A86iM6Z5SV
- RT @timkaine: We're all neighbors and we must love our neighbors as ourselves.
- RT @gehringdc: It's Jesuit night at the Democratic National Convention. Kaine cites Jesuit motto of being a "man for others." #AMDG
- RT @TheAtlantic: "Trump says he wants to run the nation like he’s run his business. God help us!” -Michael Bloomberg https://t.co/bkomSWzf06
- RT @RTDNolan: He's baaack! Nothing escapes the binoculars of Virginia's preeminent political columnist @RTDSchapiro https://t.co/BFnD7SWkza
- RT @DispatchDavid: Republicans, Democrats and every other party does seem united on one front: the media is against us
- RT @JohnJHarwood: Pence aide: Pence statement contradicting Trump urging Russia to release Clinton emails was prepared prior to Trump's sta…
- RT @DispatchDavid: For those hoping to see @DrJillStein at Bernie rally in #DNCinPHL I will attempt to post live video through Periscope
- RT @tamarakeithNPR: Clinton campaign not even remotely amused by Trump suggestion that Russia hack Clinton emails. https://t.co/kphfLFYAf8
Journalism Feature Stories
Even at his (80th!) birthday celebration, journalism Prof. Mike Spear is lecturing about using those "F words." If you are/were his student, you know what that means. (Hint: they're not four-letter words.)