- Hodierne Contributes to New Book
Journalism professor Robert Hodierne started his career as a photographer in Vietnam during the war. He returned nearly 40 years later to try and find the villagers he photographed, an experience he documented for an essay in the book "The American Experience in Vietnam: Reflections on an Era." He recently shared his story with the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Mufti publishes article
Shahan Mufti published "What Gandhi Understood About Inflammatory Depictions of Muhammad" in the New Republic.
- New Book
Professor Steve Nash recently published his latest book, Virginia Climate Fever.
UR Journalism on Twitter
- RT @brockter: So proud of @ashmbrock, awarded Administrator of the Year by The Richmond College student government… https://t.co/QYhwYY5s8M
- How I did on Twitter this week: 2 New Followers, 11 Mentions, 1.02K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via http://t.co/A3JdYxflN1
- RT @tim_cook: There’s something very dangerous happening in states across the country. http://t.co/QJTkCuZVdo
- Congrats to @URForumMagazine and @RbccaWilson on winning SPJ Mark of Excellence award
- RT @btpanko: @URForumMagazine just won a Mark of Excellence Award for Best Student Magazine at #2015SPJ2 from @spjregion2! @URJOURNALISM @…
- RT @lauriegnyt: Rare opportunity: @RNS is looking for a national reporter to cover Christians and Christianity. http://t.co/wn80FbKKnq
- RT @maria_ribas: I think I just wrote a triple compound sentence in this email, and I'm gonna let it slide. #agentsgettingwildonfridays
- RT @bpfox: The founder of Taziki’s (in Short Pump) will help raise money for the Down’s Syndrome Association tonight: http://t.co/Y9FQR7Xej…
- RT @EricKolenichRTD: Here's @DeanHoffmeyer shooting Henrico's De'Monte Buckingham. #804varsity http://t.co/3UluSn2LWy
- RT @WillMcAvoyACN: On an unrelated note: can we stop encouraging idiots to videotape tornadoes?
- RT @btpanko: @ChrisDHamby explaining how @buzzfeednews got into investigative reporting. @urjournalism @urichmond… https://t.co/mmYjAbY6b0
- RT @URNews2Use: BuzzFeed is not classic newspaper presentation but people are reading even on mobile. This story viewed 680,000x http://t.c…
- Inspiring finale to his talk, discussing how writing about deceased miner Steve Day finally got benefits long denied by coal companies.
- Analytics show that people reading the longform pieces on BuzzFeed
- Reporting by investigative team helping to change public perceptions of BuzzFeed.
- BuzzFeed News investigative unit growing and hiring at a time when many news groups cutting back
- Buzz Feed News has 20 million plus unique views per month
- Boston Marathon bombing coverage was a key moment for BuzzFeed to make a major move into news coverage
- Non-traditional outlets are producing excellent investigative journalism, Hamby says, mentioning nonprofits and special collaborations
- People want information they can trust, Hamby said, and look for credible news that adheres to journalism standards.