Throughout the fall, the journalism department will present Documenting the Vietnam War: Journalism, Scholarship and Film. The series offers different cinematic depictions of the Vietnam War and will include several talks by journalists who covered the war who will share their perspectives.
University Museums will also host an exhibit of journalism professor Robert Hodierne's Vietnam War photographs at the Lora Robins Gallery.
- Nash Book Wins Award
Professor Stephen Nash's book, Virginia Climate Fever, received the 2015 Science Writing Award for Books from the American Institute of Physics.
- Hodierne Contributes to New Book
Journalism professor Robert Hodierne started his career as a photographer in Vietnam during the war. He returned nearly 40 years later to try and find the villagers he photographed, an experience he documented for an essay in the book "The American Experience in Vietnam: Reflections on an Era." He recently shared his story with the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Mufti publishes article
Shahan Mufti published "What Gandhi Understood About Inflammatory Depictions of Muhammad" in the New Republic.
- New Book
Professor Steve Nash recently published his latest book, Virginia Climate Fever.
UR Journalism on Twitter
- RT @rmcskip17: A person is only as strong as those they surround themselves with.Few better than this group.Couldn't been prouder https://t…
- RT @RMC_SAAC: Congrats to the 2016 ODAC Champions 🐝🏆⚾️ Awesome job RMC Baseball! #MaconNation https://t.co/d0BsvHDwpW
- RT @rmcfh: BASEBALL ODAC CHAMPS!! Congrats @RMCJackets !!!! #MaconNation
- RT @odacathletics: .@R_MCAthletics earn #ODAC's automatic bid in @NCAADIII baseball tournament w/ 6-5 win in conference title game! @d3base…
- RT @rmcskip17: Championship Sunday for @RMCJackets ! #AttitudeEffortApproach https://t.co/NsRZwBH5kk
- RT @R_MCAthletics: JACKETS WIN! 4-2 in 13. Longest game in ODAC tourney history. R-MC vs. H-SC for ODAC title, Sun 1 pm at Liberty. Tigers…
- Daniel J. Berrigan, Defiant Priest Who Preached Pacifism, Dies at 94, via @nytimes https://t.co/nTnCc5I3ET
- RT @RMCJackets: Proud night for @RMCJackets both past and present! #goodtoGREAT https://t.co/whgsLq5Kyw https://t.co/xaN5CBJ1AW
- RT @rmcskip17: Proud night for @RMCJackets both past and present! #goodtoGREAT https://t.co/yzPUmMtzPR
- RT @robwdavis: The next shoe drops in the #PDXair scare. Now it's @usepagov that won't be transparent. https://t.co/5U7YVNx1PN
- RT @LShute13: I was sitting in the Vaught on the night that Laquon Treadwell suffered his horrific injury. I… https://t.co/5k6Eq33PxG
- RT @urspcs: Best possible preparation for careers of the future is a 21st century liberal education. @racrutcher @URNews2Use #spcsfuture
- RT @ChrisDHamby: Always worth quoting Mother Jones on #WorkersMemorialDay : "Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living." https:…
- RT @WendellDaily: Nature is party to all of our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justic…
- Congratulations to @mspearur on receiving the Advisor of the Year award today.
- RT @URSpiderWGolf: Spider Champs! @SpiderAthletics #OneRichmond https://t.co/iqCn2EtMSS
- RT @Szvetitz: If you read one thing today make sure it's this. A chillingly amazing story by Frank Green https://t.co/rieD8TqrMn … https://…
- RT @rmcskip17: Honored to be HC of inaguaral @RMCJackets "Century Club!" 101 wins, .660 winning % and still going!#DB #1 #2 #4 #9 #10 #12…
- RT @RealClearNews: A large portion of illegal drugs are entering the country through the USPS | @Potter_Ellie: https://t.co/4Zp2ybhP6a http…
- RT @kcloftus: The hardware is in the building!! So proud of our @WDBJ7Sports team and everyone here that's helped us out! https://t.co/kRbV…
Journalism Feature Stories
Even at his (80th!) birthday celebration, journalism Prof. Mike Spear is lecturing about using those "F words." If you are/were his student, you know what that means. (Hint: they're not four-letter words.)